Safety and protection are not a luxury, they’re a necessity.
of Tracking Assets
Reduce insurance rates up to 18%*
Monitor detention times
Waterproof & durable throughout all seasons
on insurance provider.
Share locations with brokers
Dual battery and power mode
Track tire miles on trailers
Discreet 2.75” x 4” build
Up to 5000 location pings on a single charge
Cargo theft can be extremely costly for trucking companies. Year after year, small and large companies are losing thousands from lost or stolen cargo, vehicles, or trailers.
The high cost of being unprotected.
- The average amount of loads lost was $142,342 in 2019
- The total estimated loss across the U.S. and Canada in 2018 was $13.9 million
- The median amount lost in profit throughout 2018 was $58,500
- 703 cargo thefts were recorded in 2019, which was a 17% uptick from 2018.
- Full truckloads were the most common form of theft in 2019, accounting for 54% of all thefts.
- California, Texas, and Georgia were the states most affected, combining for 44% of thefts.
If available, park near places that have management personnel, such as a visitor’s center or ranger station, where someone can keep an eye on any attempted theft.
2. Mark your assets with the trailer number and company name on the top.
This will help authorities to accurately locate any lost or stolen loads.
3. Document your trailer through our UTECH UNITES platform.
This is a paperless tracking platform that documents all information about your load. This is helpful for law-enforcement officials to track your assets down.
4. Install an asset tracking device.
Never lose a load with GPSTab’s Asset Trackers or Tail Light Trackers, which accurately track your assets 24/7.